Sunday 25 January 2009

Wednesday 21st January - Xcountry skiing at Nancy Greene


























What a great day out!





I've never been Xcountry skiing before, so when I was invited to go to Nancy Greene summit (about a 20 minute drive from Rossland), I decided to give it a go.

Many thanks to Kim for arranging the trip and for all the tips that she gave me.......plus not laughing too much when I fell down a tree well.

I quickly discovered that Xcountry skiing is nothing like downhill skiing, I seemed to be okay going on the flats or uphill, however going downhill or turning is something that I have a long way to go in mastering. Headplants and falls backwards and sideways were very frequent for me! But what fun we all had. Thanks to Sam and Michael for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment